Thursday, May 5, 2011

I DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY DID ALL THIS WORK...

I really don't know when they did all this work--I guess it was when I was sleeping! But here it is, just about ready for mom and eggs to be deposited very soon. This is one of nature's real miracles--just as gorillas make their sleeping nests anew each night, birds are amazing architects, using what they find to build really sturdy and intricate homes. It's exciting to be a witness to all this.

I had a wonderful time visiting the Washington Market School this morning. I spent some time in one of the classrooms, where the children were making guacamole in honor of Cinco de Mayo. I had some great conversations with several of the children, and two of the boys were especially interested in my watch! It has such a great feeling about it, and I can imagine that it would be an inspiring and joyful place to work.

i was reminded again of the endless pleasure of walking through city neighborhoods. I had lunch in Chinatown and spent part of my Groupon at the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. Now--what else to do on this really beautiful day? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment