Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Visit my Amazon author page to see the books I've written or co-authored!

I've been writing since childhood, and my published output reflects my diversity of interests:

  • I wrote deeply philosophical poetry in middle school...
  • I edited my high school newspaper, the Columbian, and wrote articles on a variety of subjects...
  • I spent my college years writing papers and voiceovers for my radio program at WBRS-fm...
  • While working backstage in the theatre in my first years in New York, I began proofreading for a publisher...
  • As a book editor, I wrote a zillion reader's reports on some great but mostly not very good manuscripts...
  • I wrote more than 1000 (!) back cover blurbs for romance novels and the flap copy on many hardcovers...
  • And as for writing "what you know"--
  • I've written a book on sisters (don't have any), a little handbook on being a bride (never married), two humor books about Christmas (don't celebrate it)--I like becoming an expert on something new!

As a professional co-writer, I wrote more than 40 cookbooks (plus a diet book, a self help book, and a coping with cancer book) with the late great JoAnna M. Lund. Under my own name, I've published anthologies on women's friendships and adoption, sold articles to Cosmopolitan and Hemispheres (United Airlines), and will have my first books for children coming out in fall 2011!

Please visit my Amazon page to read about my very interesting and varied writing career!
http://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Alpert/e/B000APG4C8

No comments:

Post a Comment