Saturday, April 16, 2011

Embrace Your Liberty...and See Where It Takes You...

When I was teaching in the South Bronx in 2001, my friend Vernon and I went to hear Mother Martha Overall, the Episcopal priest whom Jonathan Kozol profiled in his book, Ordinary Resurrections. She reminded us that "God plans ahead." Meaning, everything you've done up to now prepares you for what is next.


After 7 1/2 years, I am leaving East Harlem Tutorial Program behind me--and feel a bit nervous but excited to discover the next destination on my life's path. As one of my writing colleagues wrote to me when I left Bantam under similar circumstances, "Change is good."


Just as this Stuyvesant Town squirrel figured out how to drink from a man-made faucet, let me be open to new experiences and creative in my solutions to life's challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment